When this year started I shared a piece about setting and achieving your reading goals. One of the things I believe is really important to hitting goals is writing them down and checking in on them through out the year.
Since we’re a little more than halfway through the year, I thought I would share my own reading goals progress.
- Read 100 books – I’ve read 56 books as of today
- 60% of reading by authors of color – I’m 50% White and 50% authors of color
- 60% of reading by women or gender queer authors – 55% of my books have been by women or gender non-binary authors
- 25% of reading by non Black authors of color – of the books I’ve read 18% have been by non Black authors of color.
- Read 30 books from my unread shelf at the start of 2019 – already ready 23 books from my unread shelf.
- Read 10 or more books by queer authors – I’ve hit this goal, with 10 books by queer authors.
- Read at least three books in translation – I’ve only read one book in translation so far this year.
As you can see, I clearly have some categories to catch up in, but overall I’m pretty happy with my progress! How about you? How are you doing with your reading goals in 2019? Share in the comments.
To contribute to The Stacks, join The Stacks Pack, and get exclusive perks, check out our Patreon page. We are beyond grateful for anything you’re able to give to support the production of this show. If you prefer to do a one time contribution go to paypal.me/thestackspod.
The Stacks participates in affiliate programs. We receive a small commission when products are purchased through links on this website, and this comes at no cost to you. Shopping through these links helps support the show, but does not effect my opinions on books and products. For more information click here.