Our guest today is Dr. Myisha Cherry, a philosopher, professor, and author, whose work focuses on emotions and attitudes in public life. Her latest book is The Case for Rage: Why Anger is Essential to Anti-Racist Struggle. Myisha shares why we must embrace our rage if we want to improve our society, how we’ve been socialized around anger, and how allies can cause harm.
The Stacks Book Club selection for November is Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison, we will discuss the book on November 24th with Dawnie Walton.
Everything we talk about on today’s episode can be found below in the show notes. You can also find everything we talked about on Amazon.
- The Case for Rage by Myisha Cherry
- Audre Lorde
- “The Uses of Anger” (Audre Lorde, 1981)
- Brett Kavanaugh
- Christine Blasey Ford
- Good and Mad by Rebecca Traister
- “Ep. 50 Good and Mad by Rebecca Traister — The Stacks Book Club (James J. Sexton)” The Stacks
- “Aaron Rodgers tells radio show he is unvaccinated, getting Covid advice from Joe Rogan” (Jacob Lev, CNN)
- White Rage by Carol Anderson
- “The Complicated Rise and Swift Fall of Portland’s Wall of Moms Protest Group” (Jagger Blaec, Portland Monthly)
- Jon Lovett Tweet (November 2, 2021)
- Pod Save America (Crooked Media)
- Hofstra University (Hempstead, NY)
- Oxford University Press
- Trayvon Martin
- “How the jury in the Ahmaud Arbery case ended up nearly all white — and why it matters” (Joe Hernandez, NPR)
- “Before Kyle Rittenhouse’s Murder Trial, a Debate Over Terms Like ‘Victim’” (Julie Bosman and Dan Hinkel, The New York Times)
- Saturday Night Live (NBC)
- Eames Lounge Chair
- Eloquent Rage by Brittney Cooper
- Rage Becomes Her by Soraya Chemaly
- Killing Rage by bell hooks
- The Fire Next Time by James Baldwin
- Anger and Forgiveness by Martha C. Nussbaum
The Stacks participates in affiliate programs. We receive a small commission when products are purchased through links on this website, and this comes at no cost to you. This in no way effects opinions on books and products reviewed here. For more information click here.