Today on The Stacks we are joined by Angela Chen, journalist and author of a brand new book on asexuality titled Ace: What Asexuality Reveals about Desire, Society, and the Meaning of Sex. We talk about asexuality, the ways in which sex is politicized, involuntary celibates, and how people from marginalized groups are expected to educate the masses.
The Stacks Book Club selection for September is The Undocumented Americans by Karla Cornejo Villavicencio, we will discuss the book with Lupita Aquino on September 30th.
Apple Podcasts | Spotify | PodcastOne | Google | Android
Everything we talk about on today’s episode can be found below in the show notes. You can also find everything we talked about on Amazon.
- Ace: What Asexuality Reveals about Desire, Society, and the Meaning of Sex by Angela Chen
- “Video Rant, Then Deadly Rampage in California Town” (Ian Lovett and Adam Nagourney, The New York Times)
- Grey’s Anatomy (ABC)
- A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara
- Convenience Store Woman by Sayaka Murata
- The Idiot by Elif Batuman
- Emily Nagoski
- Big Friendship by Aminatou Sow and Ann Friedman
- “Ep. 128 Big Friendship with Aminatou Sow and Ann Friedman” (The Stacks)
- Asexual Erotics by Ela Przybylo
To contribute to The Stacks, join The Stacks Pack, and get exclusive perks, check out our Patreon page. We are beyond grateful for anything you’re able to give to support the production of this show. If you prefer to do a one time contribution go to paypal.me/thestackspod.
The Stacks participates in affiliate programs. We receive a small commission when products are purchased through links on this website, and this comes at no cost to you. This in no way effects opinions on books and products reviewed here. For more information click here.