Author Nicole Chung returns to discuss our May book club selection This Boy We Made: A Memoir of Motherhood, Genetics, and Facing the Unknown by Taylor Harris. We discuss the importance of specificity in memoir, and how much likability and reliability matter. We also talk about where this book shines and where it falls short.
Be sure to listen to the end of today’s episode to find out what our book club pick will be for June 2023.
- This Boy We Made by Taylor Harris
- Big Mom on Campus by Taylor Harris (McSweeney’s)
- All You Can Ever Know by Nicole Chung
- A Living Remedy by Nicole Chung
- Educated by Tara Westover
- Spare by Prince Harry
- Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing by Matthew Perry
- Hijab Butch Blues by Lamya H.
- The People’s Hospital by Ricardo Nuila
- Los Angeles Times Festival of Books
- “Unrest in Virginia: Clashes Over a Show of White Nationalism in Charlottesville Turn Deadly” (Andrew Katz, Time)
- Bill Maher
- Nicole Caputo
- “won’t you celebrate with me” by Lucille Clifton
- Oreo by Fran Ross
To support The Stacks and find out more from this week’s sponsors, click here.
The Stacks participates in affiliate programs. We receive a small commission when products are purchased through links on this website, and this comes at no cost to you. This in no way effects opinions on books and products reviewed here. For more information click here.