Today we welcome Pakistani-British writer Kamila Shamsie, author of the new novel Best of Friends and past The Stacks Book Club pick, Home Fire. We discuss the shifting of global political climates, the idea of ‘girl fear’ and Kamila stresses the importance of giving new writers a chance to mature, and we tackle the question, “How do you write after success?”
The Stacks Book Club selection for October is Fairest by Meredith Talusan. We will discuss the book on October 26th with Anthony Christian Ocampo.
- Best of Friends by Kamila Shamsie
- Home Fire by Kamila Shamsie
- “Ep. 42 Home Fire by Kamila Shamsie — The Stacks Book Club (Tawny Newsome)” (The Stacks)
- 2022 Pakistan floods
- Nelson Mandela
- Fall of the Berlin Wall
- The Cold War
- The Women’s Prize for Fiction
- Alexandra Pringle
- Liz Truss
- Boris Johnson
- A League of Their Own (Amazon Prime)
- Elena Ferrante
- The Candy House by Jennifer Egan
To support The Stacks and find out more from this week’s sponsors, click here.
The Stacks participates in affiliate programs. We receive a small commission when products are purchased through links on this website, and this comes at no cost to you. This in no way effects opinions on books and products reviewed here. For more information click here.