Our guest today is author and poet Destiny O. Birdsong. Destiny’s debut novel, Nobody’s Magic, is about three Black women with Albinism in Shreveport, LA. We talk about the ways Destiny approached representation and nuance when writing about Albinism, her personal training ground for crafting dialogue, and the pressures people can feel around grief.
The Stacks Book Club selection for March is A Mercy by Toni Morrison we will discuss the book on March 30th with Imani Perry.
Everything we talk about on today’s episode can be found below in the show notes. You can also find everything we talked about on Amazon.
- Nobody’s Magic by Destiny O. Birdsong
- Leaving Atlanta by Tayari Jones
- Negotiations by Destiny O. Birdsong
- Thando Hopa
- The Secret Lives of Church Ladies by Deesha Philyaw
- Sula by Toni Morrison
- What It Means When a Man Falls from the Sky by Lesley Nneka Arimah
- An American Marriage by Tayari Jones
- Silver Sparrow by Tayari Jones
- Lucille Clifton
- Harriet Jacobs
To support The Stacks and find out more from this week’s sponsors, click here.
The Stacks participates in affiliate programs. We receive a small commission when products are purchased through links on this website, and this comes at no cost to you. This in no way effects opinions on books and products reviewed here. For more information click here.