Our guest today is Rachel Lindsay, the first Black Bachelorette and author of Miss Me with That: Hot Takes, Tidbits, and a Few Hard Truths. Rachel is also co-host of the podcast Higher Learning and a corespondent on Extra. We talk today about her experiences in Bachelor Nation, working with a ghost writer, and when she knew she was ready to write this book.
The Stacks Book Club selection for February is I Live a Life Like Yours by Jan Grue, we will discuss the book on February 23rd with Tessa Miller.
Everything we talk about on today’s episode can be found below in the show notes. You can also find everything we talked about on Amazon.
- Miss Me with That by Rachel Lindsay
- The Bachelorette Season 13 (ABC)
- Higher Learning with Van Lathan and Rachel Lindsay (The Ringer)
- The Bachelor (ABC)
- “Attorney Rachel Lindsay pens personal essay on meaning behind nationwide protests” (Rachel Lindsay, Good Morning America)
- Honestly, Rach
- “Rachel Lindsay Has Some Thoughts on Hannah Brown’s Apology for Using the N-Word” (Abby Gardner, Glamour)
- “Lil Nas X and a Higher Learning Family Meeting” (Higher Learning, The Ringer)
- Becca Kufrin
- “Rachel Lindsay Is a ‘Little Pissed Off’ About Becca Kufrin’s Happy Ending on ‘The Bachelorette’” (Rachel Lindsay, Us Magazine)
- “Becca Kufrin Breakup: Ex Garrett Yrigoyen Has Been in Hot Water Before” (Kelly Wynne, Newsweek)
- “Becca Kufrin and Thomas Jacobs’ Relationship Timeline: From ‘Bachelor in Paradise’ and Beyond” (Johnni Macke, Us Magazine)
- “Ep. 175 Chatty Books with Juliet Litman” (The Stacks)
- Bachelor Party (The Ringer)
- Michelle Young
- Matt James
- Tayshia Adams
- Clayton Echard
- Arie Luyendyk
- Tyler Cameron
- “Rachel Lindsay on Getting Death Threats Following Interview with Former Bachelor Host Chris Harrison” (Aili Nahas and Dory Jackson, People)
- Chris Harrison
- “Chris Harrison & Rachel Lindsay Talk ‘Bachelor’ Contestant Rachael Kirkconnell” (ExtraTV)
- “Rachel Lindsay Sounds Off on Chris Harrison’s ‘Extra’ Interview” (Higher Learning, The Ringer)
- Ron DeSantis
- Sofia Quintero
- Van Lathan
- Bill Simmons
- The Ringer
- Can I Steal You for a Second (Hulu)
- Ben Higgins
- Lauren Zima
- Nick Viall
- Becoming by Michelle Obama
- Caste by Isabel Wilkerson
- The 1619 Project by Nikole Hannah-Jones and The New York Times
- How Do I Un-Remember This? by Danny Pellegrino
- Everything Iconic with Danny Pellegrino (Danny Pellegrino)
- Martin Luther King Jr.
- Michelle Obama
- Lucille Ball
- Being the Ricardos (Aaron Sorkin, 2021)
- I Love Lucy (CBS)
To support The Stacks and find out more from this week’s sponsors, click here.
The Stacks participates in affiliate programs. We receive a small commission when products are purchased through links on this website, and this comes at no cost to you. This in no way effects opinions on books and products reviewed here. For more information click here.