Kristen Radkte is the author of Seek You: A Journey Through American Loneliness, a work of graphic nonfiction that uses prose and images to explore the experience and portrayal of loneliness. It is spectacular. Kristen talks to us about the ways the COVID-19 pandemic has changed our collective understanding of loneliness, what she wishes more people knew about graphic books, and how to connect with the lonely in our lives.
The Stacks Book Club selection for December is A Little Devil in America: Notes in Praise of Black Performance by Hanif Abdurraqib, we will discuss the book on December 29th with Andrew Ti.
Everything we talk about on today’s episode can be found below in the show notes. You can also find everything we talked about on Amazon.
- Seek You by Kristen Radtke
- Imagine Wanting Only This by Kristen Radtke
- Harry Harlow
- Princess Diana
- Mad Men (AMC)
- “Ep. 171 Trusting in Optimism with Mira Jacob” (The Stacks)
- Fun Home by Alison Bechdel
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York, NY)
- Good Talk by Mira Jacob
- The Best We Could Do by Thi Bui
- “Ep. 174 The Best We Could Do by Thi Bui — The Stacks Book Club (Mira Jacob)” (The Stacks)
- Gabrielle Bell
- The Verge
- Believer Magazine
- UCLA Loneliness Scale
- Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison
- “Ep. 191 Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison — The Stacks Book Club (Dawnie Walton)” (The Stacks)
- Kelly Blair
- The Lonely City by Olivia Laing
- Dr. John T. Cacioppo
- Barack Obama