Today is The Stacks Book Club day and we’re finally discussing Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy with author Jenny Lee. Jenny’s books Anna K and Anna K Away are modern day retellings of Anna Karenina which makes her the perfect person to do a deep dive into this mega-novel. Please be warned there are a lot of spoilers in the episode. Also, a huge thank you to everyone who read along with us, it’s no small feat, and we’re honored you took the time to read along with us!
There are spoilers in this episode.
Be sure to listen until the end of the podcast to find out The Stacks Book Club pick for June!
Everything we talk about on today’s episode can be found below in the show notes. You can also find everything we talked about on Amazon.
- Anna Karenina Audiobook (with Maggie Gyllenhaal)
- The Trial of the Chicago 7 (Aaron Sorkin, 2020)
- Aaron Sorkin
- William Shakespeare
- Anna Karenina Cliff’s Notes by Marianne Sturman
- Trick Mirror by Jia Tolentino
- Anna Karenina (Joe Wright, 2012)
- Keira Knightley
- Jude Law
- The Underground Railroad (Amazon Prime)
- Gone with the Wind (Victor Flemming, 1939)
- Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy (Penguin Clothbound Classic)
- Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy(Oxford)
- Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy(Penguin Classic — Oprah’s Book Club)
- “New Translations of Tolstoy’s ‘Anna Karenina’” (Masha Gessen, The New York Times)
- The Undying by Anne Boyer
To support The Stacks and find out more from this week’s sponsors, click here.
The Stacks participates in affiliate programs. We receive a small commission when products are purchased through links on this website, and this comes at no cost to you. This in no way effects opinions on books and products reviewed here. For more information click here.