Today we’re joined by Chanda Prescod Weinstein, a theoretical physicist specializing in early universe cosmology. She is the author of The Disordered Cosmos: A Journey into Dark Matter, Spacetime, and Dreams Deferred. We talk today about science anxiety, the ways politics play into science, and how the cosmos are part of all of our lives.
The Stacks Book Club selection for May is Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy we will discuss the book with Jenny Lee on Wednesday May 26th.
Everything we talk about on today’s episode can be found below in the show notes. You can also find everything we talked about on Amazon.
- The Disordered Cosmos by Chanda Prescod-Weinstein
- I Heart Huckabees (David Russell, 2004)
- Kiese Laymon
- Virtual Event Harvard Bookstore: Chanda Prescod-Weinstein and Kiese Laymon (March 9, 2021)
- Malcom and Marie (Sam Levinson, 2021)
- Pete Garceau
- Aspen Center for Physics
- Häagen-Dazs Strawberry Ice Cream
- Shonda Rhimes
- The Dialogues by Clifford V. Johnson
- The MIT Press
- Dear Science and Other Stories by Katherine McKittrick
To support The Stacks and find out more from this week’s sponsors, click here.
The Stacks participates in affiliate programs. We receive a small commission when products are purchased through links on this website, and this comes at no cost to you. This in no way effects opinions on books and products reviewed here. For more information click here.