Today on the podcast we talk with young adult author Mary H.K. Choi about her newest book, Yolk. Mary shares with us about her struggles with disordered eating, the steps she takes to take care of herself and her body, and writing about the city of New York. We also spend time discussing having a crush and what makes someone crush worthy.
There are no spoilers on this episode.
The Stacks Book Club selection for March is Every Body Looking by Candice Iloh, we will discuss the book with Nic Stone on March 31st.
Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts | Overcast | Stitcher
Everything we talk about on today’s episode can be found below in the show notes. You can also find everything we talked about on Amazon.
- Yolk by Mary H. K. Choi
- Get Support for Disordered Eating
- Pachinko by Min Jin Lee
- First Draft with Sarah Enni
- “Ep. 77 It’s OK to Hate a Book with Sarah Enni” (The Stacks)
- “Hungry, Angry, Lonely, or Tired With Mary H.K. Choi” (First Draft with Sarah Enni)
- Milk Teeth by Mary H.K. Choi
- Lord of the Flies by William Golding
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- Judy Blume
- Roald Dahl
- Emergency Contact by Mary H. K. Choi
- Permanent Record by Mary H. K. Choi
- Mark Ruffalo
- Jason Reynolds
- rag & bone
- “The Story of Jason Reynolds’ Cool and Creative Row Home” (HGTV.com)
- Jenna Wortham
- “Ep. 146 Integrity in Collaboration with Kimberly Drew and Jenna Wortham” (The Stacks)
- Barry’s Irish Decaf Blend
- Convenience Store Woman by Sayaka Murata
- Sally Rooney
- Hot 97
- Sigrid Nunez
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
- Hey, Cool Job (Mary H.K. Choi)
- The Tony Kornheiser Show (This Show Stinks, LLC)
- Pardon the Interruption (ESPN)
- The Washington Post
- Michael Wilbon
- Bodega Boys (Desus Nice & THE KID MERO)
- Mary H.K. Choi on Desus and Mero (Viceland)
- “Ep. 133 Stacks on Stacks with Desus and Mero” (The Stacks)
- “My Foreign Mom” (Mary H.K. Choi, aeon.com )
- The House Keeper and the Professor by Yoko Ogawa
- The Memory Police by Yoko Ogawa
Connect with Mary: Twitter | Instagram | Website
Connect with The Stacks: Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | Apple Podcasts | Shop | Patreon | Goodreads
To support The Stacks and find out more from this week’s sponsors, click here.
To contribute to The Stacks, join The Stacks Pack, and get exclusive perks, check out our Patreon page. If you prefer to support the show with a one time contribution go to paypal.me/thestackspod.
The Stacks participates in affiliate programs. We receive a small commission when products are purchased through links on this website, and this comes at no cost to you. This in no way effects opinions on books and products reviewed here. For more information click here.