Today we’re talking with R.O. Kwon and Garth Greenwell, the editors of Kink a new short story anthology all about…well, kink! We discuss the ways this book attempts to push back against harmful stereotypes around sex, the mundanity of kink, and the nuts and bolts of bringing together this many incredible writers.
The Stacks Book Club selection for March is Every Body Looking by Candice Iloh, we will discuss the book with Nic Stone on March 31st.
Everything we talk about on today’s episode can be found below in the show notes. You can also find everything we talked about on Amazon.
- Kink edited by R. O. Kown and Garth Greenwell
- MacDowell Artist Colony
- Gospodar by Garth Greenwell (The Paris Review)
- Whip Smart by Melissa Febos
- Carmen Maria Machado
- Brandon Taylor
- Alexander Chee
- Roxane Gay
- Zack Knoll
- Edinburgh by Alexander Chee
- Post Colonial Love Poem by Natalie Diaz
- “Object Permanence” by Nicole Sealey
- Carl Phillips
- Blood and Guts in High School by Kathy Acker
- Fairest by Meredith Talusan
- René Girard
- Lidia Yuknavitch
- “43 Books By Women of Color to Read in 2021” (R. O. Kwon, Electric Literature)
- Thérèse and Isabelle by Violette Leduc
- June Jordan
To support The Stacks and find out more from this week’s sponsors, click here.
The Stacks participates in affiliate programs. We receive a small commission when products are purchased through links on this website, and this comes at no cost to you. This in no way effects opinions on books and products reviewed here. For more information click here.