It’s The Stacks Book Club day! On today’s episode we are joined again by author Deesha Philyaw (The Secret Lives of Church Ladies) to discuss The Office of Historical Corrections by Danielle Evans. We go through each story in the collection and talk about our favorite parts, white innocence, and specificity in storytelling.
There are spoilers on this episode.
Everything we talk about on today’s episode can be found below in the show notes. You can also find everything we talked about on Amazon.
- The Office of Historical Corrections by Danielle Evans
- The Secret Lives of Church Ladies by Deesha Philyaw
- “Ep. 147 Crafting a Collection with Danielle Evans” (The Stacks)
- Narcos (Netflix)
- Ozark (Netflix)
- Julia Garner
- Bridesmaids (Paul Feig, 2011)
- Chirs O’Dowd
- Heads of the Colored People by Nafissa Thompson-Spires
- The New Wilderness by Diane Cook
To support The Stacks and find out more from this week’s sponsors, click here.
The Stacks participates in affiliate programs. We receive a small commission when products are purchased through links on this website, and this comes at no cost to you. This in no way effects opinions on books and products reviewed here. For more information click here.