Arianna Davis is the debut author of What Would Frida Do?: A Guide to Living Boldly, and the digital director at Oprahmag.com. Today we discuss how Arianna got her creative juices flowing, what she hopes readers will take away from her book, and of course, Oprah!
The Stacks Book Club selection for December is Citizen: An American Lyric by Claudia Rankine, we will discuss the book with Darnell Moore on December 30th.
Apple Podcasts | Spotify | PodcastOne | Google | Android
Everything we talk about on today’s episode can be found below in the show notes. You can also find everything we talked about on Amazon.
- What Would Frida Do? by Arianna Davis
- Frida Kahlo
- Seal Press
- Hachette Book Group
- Frida (Julie Taymor, 2002)
- Salma Hayek
- Oprah Magazine
- Frida by Hayden Herrera
- The Baby-Sitters Club by Ann M. Martin
- Diego Rivera
- La Casa Azul
- Frida (Soundtrack, 2002)
- John Coltrane
- Oprah Winfrey
- The Oprah Winfrey Show (ABC)
- Seventeen Magazine
- Gayle King
- More Than Enough by Elaine Welteroth
- The Creative Habit by Twyla Tharp
- Movin’ Out (Twyla Tharp, 2002)
- The Invisible Life of Adie Larue by V. E. Schwab
- Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
- CBS This Morning (CBS)
- Nina Garcia
- Project Runway (Bravo)
Page 1 Books – Get 10% off any subscription box with the code THESTACKS at checkout.
The Stacks participates in affiliate programs. We receive a small commission when products are purchased through links on this website, and this comes at no cost to you. This in no way effects opinions on books and products reviewed here. For more information click here.