Our guest today is the New York Times Bestselling author of So You Want to Talk About Race, Ijeoma Oluo. She joins us to discuss her new book Mediocre: The Dangerous Legacy of White Male America. We talk about who Ijeoma writes for, how she practices accountability, and the types of value judgements that have become the bedrock of white supremacy.
The Stacks Book Club selection for December is Citizen: An American Lyric by Claudia Rankine, we will discuss the book with Darnell Moore on December 30th.
- Mediocre by Ijeoma Oluo
- So You Want to Talk About Race by Ijeoma Oluo
- Henry Ford
- Dave Zirin
- Welcome to the Terrordome by Dave Zirin
- Dave Zirin at The Nation
- Cliven Bundy
- Ijeoma’s Twitter
- Sarah Hagi
- George Floyd
- Breonna Taylor
- W. E. B. Du Bois
- Red Summer
- Minor Feelings by Cathy Park Hong
- Shit, Actually by Lindy West
- The Book of Lost Saints by Daniel José Older
- Wow, No Thank You by Samantha Irby
- “Ep. 106 Samantha Irby//Wow, No Thank You” (The Stacks)
- The Stacks’ Antiracist Reading List
- Women, Race, and Class by Angela Y. Davis
- White Identity Politics by Ashley Jardina
- Eartha Kitt
To support The Stacks and find out more from this week’s sponsors, click here.
To contribute to The Stacks, join The Stacks Pack, and get exclusive perks, check out our Patreon page. We are beyond grateful for anything you’re able to give to support the production of this show. If you prefer to do a one time contribution go to paypal.me/thestackspod.
The Stacks participates in affiliate programs. We receive a small commission when products are purchased through links on this website, and this comes at no cost to you. This in no way effects opinions on books and products reviewed here. For more information click here.