We’re tackling our first ever romance novel for The Stacks Book Club, just in time for Valentine’s Day! Today we discuss The Hating Game by Sally Thorne with co-owner of The Ripped Bodice, Leah Koch. Get ready for a conversation about tropes, therapy, and diversity in publishing. How romantic.
There are spoilers on this episode.
SHOP AT THE RIPPED BODICE
Apple Podcasts | Spotify | PodcastOne | Google | Android
Everything we talk about on today’s episode can be found below in the show notes. If you’d like to support your local indie, you can shop through IndieBound.
- The Ripped Bodice (Culver City, CA)
- The Hating Game by Sally Thorne
- Crazy Rich Asians (Jon M. Chu, 2018)
- Judy Greer
- Jesse Williams
- The Hating Game (Peter Hutchings)
- Lucy Hale
- Robbie Amell
- The CW Network
- Mindy Kaling
- Cameron Diaz
- My Best Friend’s Wedding (Ronald Bass, 1997)
- The State of Racial Diversity in Romance Publishing Report
- Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang
- A Study in Scarlet Women by Sherry Thomas
- Jasmine Guillory
- Alisha Rai
- Avon Books
- Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella
- Fifty Shades of Grey Trilogy by E. L. James
To contribute to The Stacks, join The Stacks Pack, and get exclusive perks, check out our Patreon page. We are beyond grateful for anything you’re able to give to support the production of this show. If you prefer to do a one time contribution go to paypal.me/thestackspod.
The Stacks participates in affiliate programs. We receive a small commission when products are purchased through links on this website, and this comes at no cost to you. This in no way effects opinions on books and products reviewed here. For more information click here.