Today on The Stacks Book Club we discuss Tell Me How It Ends by Valeria Luiselli, a book that looks at the immigration crisis at the US/Mexico border for the children who make the journey unaccompanied. Our guest Ayser Salman (The Wrong End of the Table) joins the show to talk about empathy, the language around immigration, and what we can do to help.
There are no spoilers on this episode.
Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts | Overcast | Stitcher
Everything we talk about on today’s episode can be found below in the show notes and on Bookshop.org and Amazon.
Everything we talk about on today’s episode can be found below in the show notes. If you’d like to support your local indie, you can shop through IndieBound.
- The Wrong End of the Table by Ayser Salman
- Tell Me How it Ends by Valeria Luiselli
- Coffee House Press
- Lost Children Archive by Valeria Luiselli
- Alfred A. Knopf
- “U.S. Held Nearly 70,000 Migrant Kids in Custody in 2019, Government Data Shows” (Christopher Sherman, Martha Mendoza. and Garance Burke, Time)
- The Muslim Ban Timeline (ACLU Washington)
- The Women’s March
- “Spicer earns Four Pinocchios for false claims on inauguration crowd size” (Glenn Kessler, The Washington Post)
- How the Irish Became White by Noel Ignatiev
- Green Book (Peter Farrelly, 2018)
- Stamped from the Beginning by Ibram X. Kendi
- “Opposites Attract” (Paula Abdul, 1988)
- Stars–They’re Just Like Us (Us Weekly)
- Kimberlé Crenshaw
- Julian Castro
Connect with Ayser: Instagram | Twitter | Website
Connect with The Stacks: Instagram | Twitter | Shop | Patreon | Goodreads | Subscribe
To support The Stacks and find out more from this week’s sponsors, click here.
To contribute to The Stacks, join The Stacks Pack, and get exclusive perks, check out our Patreon page. We are beyond grateful for anything you’re able to give to support the production of this show. If you prefer to do a one time contribution go to paypal.me/thestackspod.
The Stacks participates in affiliate programs. We receive a small commission when products are purchased through links on this website, and this comes at no cost to you. This in no way effects opinions on books and products reviewed here. For more information click here.
One thought on “Ep. 88 Tell Me How It Ends by Valeria Luiselli — The Stacks Book Club (Ayser Salman)”