In August we’ll be discussing The Cadaver King and the Country Dentist by Radley Balko and Tucker Carrington for The Stacks Book Club. In anticipation, we have author and journalist Radley Balko (Rise of the Warrior Cop) on The Short Stacks. We talk about how Radley started reporting on death investigations in Mississippi, the process of working with a legal team for this book, and the In the Dark podcast.
There are no spoilers on today’s episode.
Apple Podcasts | Spotify | PodcastOne | Google | Android
Everything we talk about on today’s episode can be found below in the show notes. If you’d like to support your local independent bookstore, you can shop through IndieBound.
- The Cadaver King and the Country Dentist by Radley Balko and Tucker Carrington
- Rise of the Warrior Cop by Radley Balko
- “The Case of Cory May” (Radley Balko, Reason Magazinne)
- Mississippi Innocence Project
- The Cato Institute
- Read Radley Balko’s work at HuffPo
- Read Radley Balko’s work in The Washington Post
- Blood in the Water by Heather Ann Thompson
- Fred Hampton
- Emmett Till
- The Murder of Chaney, Goodman, and Schwerner
- ” Death Investigations” Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO)
- Mississippi Book Fair
- The Cadaver King and the Country Dentist on Goodreads
- In the Dark (APM Reports)
- Madeleine Baran
Connect with Radley: Twitter
To contribute to The Stacks, join The Stacks Pack, and get exclusive perks, check out our Patreon page. We are beyond grateful for anything you’re able to give to support the production of this show. If you prefer to do a one time contribution go to paypal.me/thestackspod.
The Stacks participates in affiliate programs. We receive a small commission when products are purchased through links on this website, and this comes at no cost to you. This in no way effects opinions on books and products reviewed here. For more information click here.