Miracle Creek is our pick for The Stacks Book Club on July 17th, and today we have the author of that book, Angie Kim, on The Short Stacks to give you a spoiler free look at this thrilling courtroom drama about family obligation and belonging. Kim explains how this book is woven together from the many strands of her life, which books she kept around for inspiration, and the process of giving Miracle Creek its title.
There are no spoilers today.
Apple Podcasts | Spotify | PodcastOne | Google | Android
Everything we talk about on today’s episode can be found below in the show notes. If you’d like to support your local independent bookstore, you can shop through IndieBound.
- Miracle Creek by Angie Kim
- St. Elmo’s Fire (Joel Schumacher, 1985)
- Rob Lowe
- Ally Sheedy
- Yellow Submarine (George Dunning, 1968)
- Dorothy Parker
- The Harry Potter Series by J. K. Rowling
- Mystic River by Dennis Lehane
- The Sweet Hereafter by Russell Banks
- A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan
- In the Lake of the Woods by Tim O’Brien
- Laura Lippman
- Searching for Sylvie Lee by Jean Kwok
- Disappearing Earth by Julia Phillips
- Dennis Lehane
- Jennifer Egan
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- Erin Morgenstern’s Instagram Post on Miracle Creek
- Oprah Winfrey
To contribute to The Stacks, join The Stacks Pack, and get exclusive perks, check out our Patreon page. We are beyond grateful for anything you’re able to give to support the production of this show. If you prefer to do a one time contribution go to paypal.me/thestackspod.
The Stacks participates in affiliate programs. We receive a small commission when products are purchased through links on this website, and this comes at no cost to you. This in no way effects opinions on books and products reviewed here. For more information click here.