We’re joined today by Robert W. Fieseler author of June The Stacks Book Club Pick, Tinderbox: The Untold Story of the Up Stairs Lounge Fire and the Rise of Gay Liberation. In our conversation we get to know Fieseler, how this tragic event came into his life, where he found his sources, and the toll writing about trauma can have on an author. Our conversation is spoiler free, and serves as a great introduction for our TSBC conversation on Tinderbox, that will air on June 5th.
- Tinderbox: The Untold Story of the Up Stairs Lounge Fire and the Rise of Gay Liberation by Robert W. Fieseler
- The Stacks Book Club
- The Edgar Awards (Fact Crime Winner)
- The Lambda Literary Award (Judith A. Markowitz Award for Emerging LGBTQ Writers)
- Nicholas Lemann
- The Vieux Carre Courier
- The Village Voice
- The Upstairs Lounge Arson by Clayton Delery-Edwards
- Titanic (James Cameron, 1997)
- Ursula K. Le Guin
- The Books of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin
- The Hanish Cycle by Ursula K. Le Guin
- The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Le Guin
- The Word for World is Forest by Ursula K. Le Guin
- The Dispossessed by Ursula K. Le Guin
- The Complete Orsinia by Ursula K. Le Guin
- The Gay Revolution by Lillian Faderman
- The Boys of Fairy Town by Jim Elledge
- Gay New York by George Chauncey
To support The Stacks and find out more from this week’s sponsors, click here.
To contribute to The Stacks, join The Stacks Pack, and get exclusive perks, check out our Patreon page. We are beyond grateful for anything you’re able to give to support the production of this show. If you prefer to do a one time contribution go to paypal.me/thestackspod.
The Stacks participates in affiliate programs. We receive a small commission when products are purchased through links on this website, and this comes at no cost to you. This in no way effects opinions on books and products reviewed here. For more information click here.