The Reckonings made The Stacks favorite books of 2018, and today we’re talking with the author of that essay collection, Lacy M. Johnson. The Reckonings is a meditation on justice and mercy in relationship to some of the most complex issues of the current moment. Johnson joins us to discuss how this collection came to be, what inspired her in her writing, and what snacks she ate along the way.
- The Reckonings by Lacy M. Johnson
- The Other Side by Lacy M. Johnson
- Leslie Jill Patterson
- The Autobiography of an Execution by David R. Dow
- Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson
- Étienne-Jules Marey
- Gillian Flynn
- Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
- Rebecca Solnit
- William Shakespeare
- The Legacy Museum
- The National Memorial for Peace and Justice
- Heavy by Kiese Laymon
- Living a Feminist Life by Sara Ahmed
- Eloquent Rage by Britney Cooper
- White Fragility by Robin DiAngelo
To support The Stacks and find out more from this week’s sponsors, click here.
To contribute to The Stacks, join The Stacks Pack, and get exclusive perks, check out our Patreon page. We are beyond grateful for anything you’re able to give to support the production of this show. If you prefer to do a one time contribution go to paypal.me/thestackspod.
The Stacks participates in affiliate programs. We receive a small commission when products are purchased through links on this website, and this comes at no cost to you. This in no way effects opinions on books and products reviewed here. For more information click here.