All You Can Ever Know is an emotional memoir on adoption and identity by Nicole Chung. It is also this week’s pick for The Stacks Book Club. We are again joined by author Vanessa McGrady (author of Rock Needs River) to discuss All You Can Ever Know. We talk about transracial adoptions, adoption mythology, and expectations versus reality. There are spoilers this week, listen at your own risk, or check out The Short Stacks feature author Nicole Chung, which is spoiler free.
- All You Can Ever Know by Nicole Chung
- “The Short Stacks 6: Nicole Chung//All You Can Ever Know” (The Stacks)
- Rock Needs River by Vanessa McGrady
- Roots by Alex Haley
- “What Not to Say to an Adoptive Mom” (Vanessa McGrady, Mom.me)
- Crayola Multicultural Crayons
- Everything You Ever Wanted by Jillian Lauren
To support The Stacks and find out more from this week’s sponsors, click here.
To contribute to The Stacks, join The Stacks Pack, and get exclusive perks, check out our Patreon page. We are beyond grateful for anything you’re able to give to support the production of this show. If you prefer to do a one time contribution go to paypal.me/thestackspod.
The Stacks participates in affiliate programs. We receive a small commission when products are purchased through links on this website, and this comes at no cost to you. This in no way effects opinions on books and products reviewed here. For more information click here.