We’re talking all things children’s books this week on our mini episode with award winning author Jesse Byrd. In addition to writing children’s books, Jesse runs his own publishing house (Jesse B Creative), and does children’s book project management. Jesse’s most recent picture book is Real Jungle Tales and follows a little Native American girl, Zee, who comes up with an ingenious way to avoid punishment, and get candy from her friends on Halloween. We talk with Jesse about his writing process, working with an illustrator, and why it is important to tell stories that center children of color.
- King Penguin by Jesse Byrd
- Sunny Days by Jesse Byrd
- Real Jungle Tales by Jesse Byrd
- Bishop O’Dowd High School
- Mary B. Morrison (aka Honey B)
- Andressa Meissner
- Jesse B Creative
- Living with a Seal by Jesse Itzler
- Dark Money by Jane Mayer
- Ray Bradbury
- Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury
- Goosebumps by R. L. Stein
- Are You Afraid of the Dark (Nickelodeon)
- So Weird (Disney)
- Jumanji (TriStar Pictures)
- Jumanji by Chris Van Allsburg
- Dr. Seuss
- Stan Lee
- I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen
- This Moose Belongs to Me by Oliver Jeffers
- Corduroy by Don Freeman
To support The Stacks and find out more from this week’s sponsors, click here.
To contribute to The Stacks, join The Stacks Pack, and get exclusive perks, check out our Patreon page. We are beyond grateful for anything you’re able to give to support the production of this show. If you prefer to do a one time contribution go to paypal.me/thestackspod.
The Stacks participates in affiliate programs. We receive a small commission when products are purchased through links on this website, and this comes at no cost to you. Shopping through these links helps support the show, but does not effect my opinions on books and products. For more information click here.