When a mother, Amanda Stott-Smith, throws her two young children off of a bridge, one journalist tries to understand why. That is the premise of Nancy Rommelmann’s true crime book, To The Bridge. This week, for The Stacks Book Club, we discuss this haunting book with journalist Heather John Fogarty. While the story of Stott-Smith and her children is true, if you’re not familiar with the events there will be some spoilers on this week’s episode.
- To the Bridge by Nancy Rommelmann
- Nancy Rommelmann
- Nancy Rommelmann on The Stacks
- The Homicide Report
- Ghettoside by Jill Leovy
- Christopher Hitchens
- The Executioner’s Song by Norman Mailer
- In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
- Columbine by Dave Cullen
- Bad Blood by John Carreyrou
- Ep. 28 The Stacks Book Club –Bad Blood by John Carreyrou
- Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? by Edward Albee
- Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (Warner Bros.)
- Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf (The Shubert Organization)
- Vanessa Hudgens
- Jessica Biel
- Brie Larson
- Jake Gyllenhaal
- Joseph Gordon Levitt
- Andrew Garfield
- “On Motherhood and Murder: A Conversation with Nancy Rommelmann” (Heather John Forgarty, Los Angeles Review of Books)
- To the Bridge by Nancy Rommelman (Audiobook)
- The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
To support The Stacks and find out more from this week’s sponsors, click here.
To contribute to The Stacks, join The Stacks Pack, and get exclusive perks, check out our Patreon page. We are beyond grateful for anything you’re able to give to support the production of this show. If you prefer to do a one time contribution go to paypal.me/thestackspod.
The Stacks participates in affiliate programs. We receive a small commission when products are purchased through links on this website. Shopping through these links helps support the show, but does not effect my opinions on books and products. For more information click here.