Stylist and CEO Ashley North is back this week for The Stacks Book Club and our discussion of Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes. The book is Rhimes’ memoir on the year she decided to say yes to everything and use the power of yes to change her life. The book brings up topics surrounding the desire to be professionally successful and personally fulfilled. We talk about motherhood as a “job”, the myth of doing it all, and if we would ever do our own Year of Yes.
We talk in detail about the book, but this book doesn’t really have spoilers. However, if you’re wanting to go on Shonda’s journey along with her, you should wait to listen until you’ve read the book.
Here are all the things we talked about this week
- Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes
- The Stacks Tote Giveaway on The Stacks Patreon
- You Are A Badass by Jen Sincero
- AN Style Candles
- Greys Anatomy (ABC)
- Scandal (ABC)
- How to Get Away with Murder (ABC)
- Private Practice (ABC)
- The Catch (ABC)
- The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
- Chrissy Teigen
- Cravings by Chrissy Teigen
- Cravings: Hungry for More by Chrissy Teigen
- Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
- I Can’t Make This Up by Kevin Hart
- The Last Black Unicorn by Tiffany Haddish
- The Mother of Black Hollywood by Jennifer Lewis
- Black-ish (ABC)
- Yara Shahidi
- Betsy Beers
- Reincarnation Blues by Michael Poore
“Sandra Oh on ‘Killing Eve’ and Her Historic Emmy Nomination” (Aisha Harris, New York Times)
To contribute to The Stacks, join The Stacks Pack, and get exclusive perks, check out our Patreon page (https://www.patreon.com/thestacks). We are beyond grateful for anything you’re able to give to support the production of this show.
The Stacks participates in affiliate programs in which we receive a small commission when products are purchased through some links on this website. This does not effect my opinions on books and products. For more information click here.