Today on The Stacks Book Club we are discussing Elizabeth Alexander’s memoir The Light of the World about the unexpected death of her husband and the life they built together. We are joined by Dani McClain author of We Live for the We to discuss this beautiful examination of a life well lived.
There are no spoilers on this episode.
- The Light of the World by Elizabeth Alexander
- We Live for the We by Dani McClain
- 2016 Pulitzer Prize Finalists
- The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion
- Blue Nights by Joan Didion
- The Year of Magical Thinking: The Play (2007)
- Vanessa Redgrave
- The White Album by Joan Didion
- “Praise Song for the Day” by Elizabeth Alexander (Barack Obama Inauguration Poem; Video Recording)
- Alondra Nelson
- The Unwinding of the Miracle by Julie Yip-Williams
- “Ep. 64 The Unwinding of the Miracle by Julie Yip-Williams — The Stacks Book Club (Lori Gottlieb)” (The Stacks)
- “The Light of the World” by Derek Walcott
To support The Stacks and find out more from this week’s sponsors, click here.
To contribute to The Stacks, join The Stacks Pack, and get exclusive perks, check out our Patreon page. We are beyond grateful for anything you’re able to give to support the production of this show. If you prefer to do a one time contribution go to paypal.me/thestackspod.
The Stacks participates in affiliate programs. We receive a small commission when products are purchased through links on this website, and this comes at no cost to you. This in no way effects opinions on books and products reviewed here. For more information click here.