Today we are dissecting our first thriller ever on The Stacks Book Club, and to help us do it, we have actress and comedian Niccole Thurman (The Opposition with Jordan Klepper). The book is Iain Reid’s debut novel, I’m Thinking of Ending Things, and it tells the story of a relationship on the brink. We talk about male authors writing female characters, what we like in a thriller, and who we think should be in the movie. There are a ton of spoilers this week, listen at your own risk.
- I’m Thinking of Ending Things by Iain Reid
- Get Out (Jordan Peele, 2017)
- Dissociative disorders
- Wally Lamb
- Tawny Newsome
- “Ep. 41 Comedy, Race, Travel and Books with Tawny Newsome” (The Stacks, Traci Thomas)
- Amos Lee
- The Usual Suspects (Bryan Singer, 1995)
- The Sixth Sense (M. Night Shyamalan, 1999)
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- Gone Girl (David Fincher, 2014)
- House on Haunted Hill (William Malone, 1999)
- Penn Badgley
- You (Netflix)
- Gossip Girl (The CW)
- Adam Driver
- Miles Teller
- Rashida Jones
- Kidada Jones
- Tupac Shakur
- Brothers and Sisters (ABC)
- Nashville (ABC)
- Emily VanCamp
To support The Stacks and find out more from this week’s sponsors, click here.
To contribute to The Stacks, join The Stacks Pack, and get exclusive perks, check out our Patreon page. We are beyond grateful for anything you’re able to give to support the production of this show. If you prefer to do a one time contribution go to paypal.me/thestackspod.
The Stacks participates in affiliate programs. We receive a small commission when products are purchased through links on this website, and this comes at no cost to you. This in no way effects opinions on books and products reviewed here. For more information click here.