Lawyer and author James Sexton (If You’re in My Office, It’s Already Too Late) is back on The Stacks to discuss Good and Mad by Rebecca Traister. In her newest book, Traister explains the revolutionary power of women’s anger. In our discussion for The Stacks Book Club we talk about intersectional feminism, the 2020 Election, and the power and persuasiveness of Traister’s arguments. Today’s episode is spoiler free.
Everything we talk about on today’s episode can be found below in the show notes. The Stacks participates in affiliate programs, and shopping through the links below (mostly Amazon) helps support the show, at no cost to you.
- If You’re in My Office, It’s Already Too Late by James J. Sexton Esq.
- Good and Mad by Rebecca Traister
- “#141 – Is #MeToo Going Too Far?” (Making Sense Podcast, Sam Harris)
- Aziz Ansari
- “I went on a date with Aziz Ansari. It turned into the worst night of my life” (Katie Way, Babe.com)
- Louis C.K.
- “Louis C.K. Is Accused by 5 Women of Sexual Misconduct” (Melena Ryzik, Cara Buckley and Jodi Kantor, The New York Times)
- Amy Klobuchar
- “Harry Reid Rebuked Amy Klobuchar For Mistreatment Of Staff” (Molly Redden and Amanda Terkel, The Huffington Post)
- Rebecca Traister on Twitter
- Eloquent Rage by Brittney Cooper
- Andrea Dworkin
- bell hooks
- Rage Against the Machine
- Will and Grace (NBC)
- Sarah Palin
- Ann Coulter
- Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO)
- Alicia Garza
- Black Lives Matter
- “How Men Can Learn to Have Healthier Conflict, With Divorce Attorney James Sexton”(Joel Kahn, Lifehacker)
- Esther Perel
- Donald Shorter Jr.
- Jemele Hill on Twitter
To contribute to The Stacks, join The Stacks Pack, and get exclusive perks, check out our Patreon page. We are beyond grateful for anything you’re able to give to support the production of this show. If you prefer to do a one time contribution go to paypal.me/thestackspod.
The Stacks participates in affiliate programs. We receive a small commission when products are purchased through links on this website, and this comes at no cost to you. This in no way effects opinions on books and products reviewed here. For more information click here.