We’re taking on our first ever cookbook as part of The Stacks Book Club with the help of food writer and executive editor at Sunset Magazine, Hugh Garvey. As we gear up for the holiday season we are diving into Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat by Samin Nosrat, and breaking down the key elements of cooking. We talk about freeing ourselves from recipes, cooking anxiety, and the communal act of sharing a meal. Hugh then challenges Traci to use what she’s learned to build a salad. Its a delicious episode!
There are no spoilers in this episode.
- Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat by Samin Nosrat with illustrations by Wendy McNaughton
- Samin Nosrat
- Wendy McNaughton
- Chez Panisse (Berkeley, CA)
- Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat (Netflix)
- Smitten Kitchen
- “How to Carve a Turkery Like a Pro” (Everyday Food, Youtube.com)
- Erewhon Market (Los Angeles, CA)
- Onda (Santa Monica, CA)
- Gabriela Cámara
- Contramar (Mexico City, MX)
- CALA (San Francisco, CA)
- Jessica Koslow
- Sqirl (Los Angeles, CA)
- Proper Hotel (Santa Monica, CA)
- Conde Nast Traveler
- Ludo Lefebvre
- “Eating and Drinking Through Burgundy with Chef Ludo Lefebvre” (Hugh Garvey, Conde Nast Traveler)
To support The Stacks and find out more from this week’s sponsors, click here.
To contribute to The Stacks, join The Stacks Pack, and get exclusive perks, check out our Patreon page. We are beyond grateful for anything you’re able to give to support the production of this show. If you prefer to do a one time contribution go to paypal.me/thestackspod.
The Stacks participates in affiliate programs. We receive a small commission when products are purchased through links on this website, and this comes at no cost to you. This in no way effects opinions on books and products reviewed here. For more information click here.