It is The Stacks Book Club day, and we are discussing Emergency Contact by Mary H. K. Choi. To help us talk about this YA romance we have brought back the wonderful Juliet Litman, host of the Bachelor Party and Jam Session podcasts, as well as head of development at The Ringer. Today we talk about men who are not emotionally available, important messages for young people, and the acknowledgement section in books.
There are spoilers on today’s episode.
Be sure to listen to the end of today’s episode to find out our book club pick for September!
Everything we talk about on today’s episode can be found below in the show notes. You can also find everything we talked about on Amazon.
- Emergency Contact by Mary H. K. Choi
- Bachelor Party (The Ringer)
- Jam Session
- The Ringer
- “Ep. 175 Chatty Books with Juliet Litman” (The Stacks)
- Michael B. Jordan
- Never Have I Ever (Netflix)
- Maitreyi Ramakrishnan
- Darren Barnet
- Daria (MTV)
- To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before (Netflix)
- Mandy Moore
- Diane Keaton
- Because I Said So (Michael Lehmann, 2007)
- Ragtime by E. L. Doctorow
- The March by E. L. Doctorow
- Billy Bathgate by E. L. Doctorow
- Permanent Record by Mary H. K. Choi
- Yolk by Mary H. K. Choi
- Daisy Jones and the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- Blood in the Water by Heather Ann Thompson
To support The Stacks and find out more from this week’s sponsors, click here.
The Stacks participates in affiliate programs. We receive a small commission when products are purchased through links on this website, and this comes at no cost to you. This in no way effects opinions on books and products reviewed here. For more information click here.