Today we welcome author and decluttering expert Chirstine Platt, also known as The Afrominimalist. We talk today about Christine’s latest book The Afrominimalist’s Guide to Living with Less. We discuss mistakes, embracing our own unique aesthetics and culture while practicing minimalism, and how the language around minimalism doesn’t have to be so scary.
The Stacks Book Club selection for July is The Best We Could Do by Thi Bui. We will discuss the book with Mira Jacob on Wednesday July 28th.
Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts | Overcast | Stitcher
Everything we talk about on today’s episode can be found below in the show notes. You can also find everything we talked about on Amazon.
- The Afrominimalist’s Guide to Living with Less by Christine Platt
- Christine’s on Instagram
- The Konmari Fold | Basics (
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
- The Minimalists (Josh and Ryan)
- Joshua Becker
- Courtney Carver
- Holy Bible: King James Version
- Dress for Success
- “Goodwill Doesn’t Want Your Broken Toaster” (All Things Considered, NPR)
- Buy Nothing Project
- Project 333
- Heifer International
- Eaton Workshop DC
- Jason Reynolds
- Camonghne Felix
- Johnalynn Holland
- Rhode Island Writers Colony
- The Truth About Awiti by CP Patrick (Christine Platt)
- Project 333 by Courtney Carver
- In Praise of Slowness by Carl Honoré
- Octavia E. Butler
Connect with Christine: Instagram | Twitter | Website
Connect with The Stacks: Instagram | Twitter | Shop | Patreon | Goodreads | Subscribe
To support The Stacks and find out more from this week’s sponsors, click here.
To contribute to The Stacks, join The Stacks Pack, and get exclusive perks, check out our Patreon page. If you prefer to support the show with a one time contribution go to paypal.me/thestackspod.
The Stacks participates in affiliate programs. We receive a small commission when products are purchased through links on this website, and this comes at no cost to you. This in no way effects opinions on books and products reviewed here. For more information click here.