Writer and Philadelphia native Joseph Earl Thomas joins the show to discuss his new book Sink: A Memoir, about coming of age amid chaos and finding a way through. He talks about why he wanted to write a memoir that centers childhood without growing into adulthood, the challenge of writing his story in the face of respectability politics and the push to write about “Black joy.”
The Stacks Book Club selection for March is Bad Feminist by Roxane Gay. We will discuss the book on March 29th with Shanita Hubbard..
- Sink by Joseph Earl Thomas
- “Ep. 254 Heartbreak is Pivotal to Romance with Camonghne Felix” (The Stacks)
- Dyscalculia by Camonghne Felix
- Easy Bake Oven
- Steve Irwin
- Aisha Lockridge
- St. Joseph’s University (Philadelphia, PA)
- Grand Central Publishing
- Kiese Laymon
- Potted Meat by Steven Dunn
- Split Tooth by Tanya Tagaq
- Dragon Ball Z (Cartoon Network)
- Sink by Joseph Earl Thomas (audiobook)
To support The Stacks and find out more from this week’s sponsors, click here.
The Stacks participates in affiliate programs. We receive a small commission when products are purchased through links on this website, and this comes at no cost to you. This in no way effects opinions on books and products reviewed here. For more information click here.