For today’s Unabridged, we’re joined by podcaster and entrepreneur Sarah K. Peck. We talk about the community Sarah’s created with Startup Parent, and why it was important to make that tackled parenting and the working world. She shares the best books for parenting and business, and the biggest obstacles for working parents. We also discuss the challenges of parasocial relationships in the age of social media and podcasts.
*This episode is exclusive to members of The Stacks Pack on patreon. To join this community, get inside access to the show, and listen now, click the link below.
Everything we talk about on today’s episode can be found below in the show notes. You can also find what we talked about on Amazon.
- The Startup Parent Podcast
- Inc. Magazine
- Fortune Magazine
- Fast Company Magazine
- The Wing’s CEO Audrey Gelman Inc. Mag cover story (Christine Lagorio-Chafkin, Inc.)
- Cheryl Strayed
- The Stacks Pack
- Finding Me by Viola Davis
- Snickers Bar
- “Stop Telling Me I’m A ‘Good Mom’—Why This Concept Is Problematic” (Sarah Katheleen Peck, Linkedin)
- Learning in Public by Courtney E. Martin
- Choosing a School for My Daughter in a Segregated City (Nikole Hannah-Jones, The New York Times)
- Fair Play by Eve Rodsky
- The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel Van Der Kolk
- Four Thousand Weeks by Oliver Burkeman
- Essentialism by Greg McKeown
- Wait But Why by Tim Urban
- The Status Game by Will Storr
- Like a Mother by Angela Garbes
- The Price of Motherhood by Ann Crittenden
The Stacks participates in affiliate programs. We receive a small commission when products are purchased through links on this website, and this comes at no cost to you. This in no way effects opinions on books and products reviewed here. For more information click here.