Poet and author Erika L. Sánchez joins The Stacks to discuss Crying in the Bathroom, her new memoir about growing up in the 90s as a misfit daughter of Mexican immigrants. We talk about religion and mental health, being loud and funny, and finally feeling ready to write about difficult topics.
The Stacks Book Club selection for July is Season of Migration to the North by Tayeb Salih. We will discuss the book on July 27th with Elamin Abdelmahmoud.
Everything we talk about on today’s episode can be found below in the show notes. You can also find everything we talked about on Amazon.
- Crying in the Bathroom by Erika L. Sánchez
- I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter by Erika L. Sánchez
- New York University (New York, NY)
- Federico García Lorca
- John Keats
- Crying in H-Mart by Michelle Zauner
- America Ferrera To Make Film Directing Debut With ‘I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter’ For Netflix (Amanda N’Duka, Deadline)
- A Dream Called Home by Reyna Grande
- A House of My Own by Sandra Cisneros
- For Brown Girls with Sharp Edges and Tender Hearts by Prisca Dorcas Mojica Rodríguez
- Toni Morrison
- James Baldwin
Lifestyle Intelligence (LQ) – go to lqapp.co/thestacks and click “Get the App” for a one-month free trial for all new users. Care/of – go to TakeCareOf.com and enter code stacks50 for 50% off your first order. Emjoy – visit letsemjoy.com/stacks and download the app for a free 14-day trial.
The Stacks participates in affiliate programs. We receive a small commission when products are purchased through links on this website, and this comes at no cost to you. This in no way effects opinions on books and products reviewed here. For more information click here.