Today’s Unabridged episode is a conversation with the hosts of the self-care podcast Forever35 – LA writers and friends Doree Shafrir and Kate Spencer. They share what it’s like working together as friends, and the boundaries they’ve set around discussing their personal lives on the podcast. We also get into their sense of responsibility being white women in beauty- an overwhelmingly white space. We do not, shockingly, talk at all about their lives as authors or their books.
*This episode is exclusive to members of The Stacks Pack on patreon. To join this community, get inside access to the show, and listen now, click the link below.
Everything we talk about on today’s episode can be found below in the show notes. You can also find what we talked about on Amazon.
- Kim Kardashian
- Cupcakes and Cashmere
- Emily Schulman
- Matt & Doree’s Eggcellent Adventure Podcast
- Old Bay Goldfish
- Urban Outfitters
- Gua Sha
- Sandra Lanshin Chiu
- “Episode 161: Gua Sha Revealed with Sandra Lanshin Chiu, L.Ac” (Forever35)
- “What my life-threatening experience taught me about giving birth” (Serena Williams, CNN)
- Olive & June
- Ijeoma Oluo
- White Fragility by Robin Diangelo
- Julia Child
- Rachael Ray
- NYT Cooking
- Bon Appétit
- In a New York Minute by Kate Spencer
- Thanks for Waiting by Doree Shafrir
- Allow Me to Retort by Elie Mystal
- The States Project
- Forever35 giving circle fundraiser
- Today, Explained (Vox)
- “One man’s crusade against Roe v. Wade” (Today, Explained, Vox)
- Plessy v. Ferguson
- Brown v. Board of Education
- Eric Holder
- Shelby County v. Holder
- Masterpiece Cakeshop v. Colorado Civil Rights Commission
The Stacks participates in affiliate programs. We receive a small commission when products are purchased through links on this website, and this comes at no cost to you. This in no way effects opinions on books and products reviewed here. For more information click here.