Today on The Stacks we’re discussing Tinderbox: The Untold Story of the Up Stairs Lounge Fire and the Rise of Gay Liberation by Robert W. Fieseler. Author (Elizabeth Taylor, A Life for Passion ) and former book publicist, Joseph Papa, is our guest and he helps us break down this book. We discuss the use of the acronym LGBTQIA+, how society criminalizes human beings, and some of the most incredible ten pages of writing we’ve ever read.
There are no spoilers on this episode.
Apple Podcasts | Spotify | PodcastOne | Google | Android
Everything we talk about on today’s episode can be found below in the show notes. If you’d like to support your local indie, you can shop through IndieBound.
- Tinderbox by Robert W. Fieseler
- “The Short Stacks 13: Robert W. Fieseler//Tinderbox” (The Stacks)
- The Negro Motorist Green Book by Victor H. Green
- Bob Damron’s Address Book
- Metropolitan Community Church
- Matthew Shepard (The New York Times)
- Michael Brown
- Brock Turner
- The Twinkie Defense
- Anita Bryant
- When We Rise by Cleve Jones
- Milk (Gus Van Sant, 2009)
- When We Rise (ABC)
- Queer Clout by Timothy Stewart-Winter
- Tomorrow Will Be Different by Sarah McBride
- And the Band Played On by Randy Shiltz
- When Brooklyn Was Queer by Hugh Ryan
- The View Upstairs (Max Vernon)
- Green Book (Peter Farrelly, 2018)
- Brad Pitt
- Bohemian Rhapsody (Bryan Singer, 2018)
- Bryan Singer
- Manson by Jeff Guinn
- Helter Skelter by Vincent Bugliosi
To contribute to The Stacks, join The Stacks Pack, and get exclusive perks, check out our Patreon page. We are beyond grateful for anything you’re able to give to support the production of this show. If you prefer to do a one time contribution go to paypal.me/thestackspod.
The Stacks participates in affiliate programs. We receive a small commission when products are purchased through links on this website, and this comes at no cost to you. This in no way effects opinions on books and products reviewed here. For more information click here.