Etaf Rum is a debut author, whose book A Woman is No Man, is one of the buzziest of the season. The story follows three generations of women in a Palestinian family, and throughout we are asked to grapple with the themes of identity, self worth, abuse, and empowerment. Rum shares with us what it is like to hear from her readers, some of her goals, and what books she keeps around for inspiration.
There are no spoilers on this episode.
Apple Podcasts | Spotify | PodcastOne | Google | Android
Everything we talk about on today’s episode can be found below in the show notes. If you’d like to support your local independent bookstore, you can shop through IndieBound.
- A Woman is No Man by Etaf Rum
- New York Times Best Sellers
- A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
- Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout
- I Miss You When I Blink by Mary Laura Philpott
- Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides
- Books and Beans
- Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling
- “Join Jenna Bush Hager’s new TODAY book club” (Courtney Gisriel, Today.com)
- Jenna Bush Hager
To contribute to The Stacks, join The Stacks Pack, and get exclusive perks, check out our Patreon page. We are beyond grateful for anything you’re able to give to support the production of this show. If you prefer to do a one time contribution go to paypal.me/thestackspod.
The Stacks participates in affiliate programs. We receive a small commission when products are purchased through links on this website, and this comes at no cost to you. Shopping through these links helps support the show, but does not effect opinions on books and products. For more information click here.